Basic Electronics 2nd Sem Exam ECE/ECE/CSE/0664/2661 May 2016
Basic Electronics 2nd Sem EEE/ECE/CSE/0664/2661 May 2016 SECTION-A
Q1. Do as directed. 15×1=15
- At absolute zero temperature, the conduction band of a semiconductor is totally Empty.
- To obtain p-type Semiconductor, Trivalent impurity is added to a pure Semiconductor.
- The value of knee voltage for germanium diode is 0.3 V
- Maximum value of rectification efficiency of full wave rectifier can be 81.2%.
- Usually, a Zener diode is used as a Voltage Regulator.
- Material used for the construction of LED is GaAsP .
- In a transistor, there are Two PN Junction.
- A transistor is usually applied for Amplifier
- The method by which the operating point is made independent of temperature variations or variations of transistor parameters (þ) is called Stabilization of Operating Point.
- For a good voltage amplifier, its input impedance should be High.
- A FET is also called as Unipolar Device .
- Filter circuits are used to reduce ac Component.
- PIV stands for Peak Inverse Voltage.
- A capacitor circuit does not allow to pass dc components.
- Define Drift.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- Explain with suitable diagram Intrinsic and Extrinsic Semiconductor.
- Draw the block diagram of a power supply. Explain in brief the functioning of each
- Explain how a Zener diode maintains constant voltage across the load.
- Explain the working of npn transistor.
- Describe the potential divider circuit in Details.
- In what way the temperature variations affect the operating point of a transistor?
- Explain the working principle of a FET?
- Explain working of shunt capacitor filter
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- With the help of circuit diagram explain the working of Full Wave Bridge Type Rectifier.
- Explain the input and output characteristics of CE Configuration? Also derive the relation between α and β.
- Explain Conductors, Insulators and Semiconductors on the basis their energy band diagrams.
- Write a short note on (a) V-I characteristics of a diode (b) Atomic structure of Germanium atom
BASIC ELectronics be may 2018 DIPLOMA PAPER SOLUTION
Section a FILL IN THE BLANKS be paper
Stabilization of Operating Point
Peak Inverse Voltage
Section B : BE PAPER MAY 2018 PAPER
Potential divider circuit Click Here
hybrid Parameter) of transistor
Temperature variations affect the operating point of a transistor
Phase reversal of output voltage with respect to input voltage in an Amplifier
BASIC ELECTRONICS DIPLOMA MAY 2018 PAPER
Section c solved bee paper
CE configuration of a Transistor Click Here
Light Emitting Diode
Drift and Diffusion current
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
JK Smart Classes Upload Lecture for Degree classes like B.TECH,M.TECH in any stream like ECE,EE,ME and Civil Engineering
JK SMART CLASSES
JK SMART LECTURE
Engineering Classes Upload Lecture for Polytechnic Diploma classes in any stream like ECE,EE,ME and Civil